Wednesday, November 6, 2013

healthy sweet chocolate treat

Hey guys, Queen Of The Damned here. Today I made something healthy and delicious,  with chocolate too. Frozen chocolate banana bites. I believe in being able to treat yourself without jumping off the wagon.

You will need a bunch of bananas,  dark chocolate (the higher the cocoa % the better, mine was 62%), wax paper to line a cookie sheet, and a double boiler.
Chop the bananas into chunks, and start melting you chocolate.

Don't have a double boiler? No problem! Use a pot with water and a ceramic/glass bowl instead.



Melt the chocolate completely, stirring occasionally. 

Take your banana chunks and dip them/roll them/ whatever method you want to cover the banana.

Place the bites on the wax paper lined cookie sheet, and pop them into the freezer until frozen enough to handle. Place into a zip lock baggie, and store in the freezer. 

Pretty easy right? I used two bags of chocolate and had just enough to cover all of my banana pieces. In other news, making some Autumn Apple Wine too. My own recipe, I make wine as a side project/hobby as well. This batch finished fermenting waaaay fast, even with adding sugar. We calculated an approximate alcohol content of around 12-15%, but we don't have a fancy meter to measure it after fermentation is done, just a guess according to sugar levels before hand. We re-racked it to let it settle out before bottling. I still need to label my strawberry zinfandel I did about 6 months ago so I don't get them confused lol. Well….I had a picture on here, guess my phone hates me haha! Oh well, its nothing fancy. 

I joined two health challenges today. One is a fruit and veggie challenge where you log in what you eat, and to win you have to score the most points for veggies/fruits eaten. Its only two weeks long. I also joined a two month long challenge to burn 625 calories a day through activity. I use the app called Loseit! and its great. I love the barcode scanner for food, makes life SO easy. 

Well, off to more mundane stuff, I have to finish putting away laundry and start a project and study for my next exam. Go have more fun that me!
May Goth be with you!



1 comment: