Thursday, October 31, 2013

New Kittens and Happy Halloweeeeen!!


Like my witch hat that I made? :) I had been waiting forever to find a good wire to put inside that wasn't TOO flimsy, or tooo hard. My boyfriend had gotten copper wire that they were stripping down, so I snagged some of that to use. 


Last night my cat Asa had kittens. Now before you go and say that she needs to be spayed, I know. I was slacking. The day I went to get her spayed, I was also getting her, her shots and tag. But alas, they said I couldn't get her spayed on weekends there. Not long after, she got pregnant, and than out popped two adorable healthy little kittens last night, the night before Halloween.
She came up to me meowing, and meowing, so I turned her around, lifted her tail, and saw that her water had broke. Dan ran to get the suitcase out of the room, covered it with some soft pants and a blanket, and than we sat. Not long after she started pushing. Saw the nose peaking through, and a few seconds later, the little guy popped out. :3
Than about an hour later the other one had popped out, but by than, we had transferred her into the closet, the safest place we could find that would allow her to go in and out, yet keep the dogs out. I went and finished up my witch hat, and came back to check on her, and there was yet another little kitten, gray and white. The first one looks like her. Her last litter all looked like her. I thought I felt another one, but I wasn't too sure, but I'm hoping we come home to one more kitten, born on Halloween. Dan wants to keep one of the kittens, but thats a lot of animals for one household. To have 3 cats and 2 dogs? Yea, a little much. So far he hasn't taken no for an answer.


Asa getting ready to have her kittens. 


First one out, and trying to feed.



The 2nd kitten. :) They are both super adorable and cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment