Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Goodbye September.

Last month was my birthday, and my boyfriend (Dan) and I left Colorado to go visit California for two weeks, about 2 days after my birthday. It was a great trip, lots of fun, and lots of sand. We met some amazing people, and some awesome people who let us shower at their house, and made some instant friends. Here are a few photos of what happened during the trip, and just some fun photography Dan and I had done along the way there and back. September was lots of fun! It flooded in Colorado too, while we were gone. :(




 


 


 


 














I'm a Mermaid!

So for those of you who don't know, I am also a mermaid! :D And while we were in California, I had the opportunity to work with Greg Amptman! He is a fantastic underwater photographer, and a scuba diver. We shot at La Jolla Cove, a place my mom used to take me when I was younger. I remember going there a few times with my father as well. We also worked with Michael Bear who was our support diver. He published an article about our little shoot, which you can read here: http://www.examiner.com/article/mermaids-and-sea-lions-at-la-jolla-cove#sthash.i34cycI2.dpuf  

My boyfriend too helped out with the shoot! He got into a wet suit, and headed out to sea with me and the divers. I was sooo proud of him! He's afraid of deep waters. Not to mention, he had only seen the ocean for the first time about 4-5 days before. So I constantly kept checking up on him to see how he was doing, even though I was exhausted, I was still worried. And the water was freezing after a while. At first it wasn't too bad, but not long later, I was shivering. All in all, it was super fun, and a great experience. Next year I'm going to bring my snorkeling stuff! I was also super bummed, that as soon as I was leaving, the seals were coming out to play. v.v
Next year I plan on having my new and improved tail, which I want to get started this weekend. 

Here are some of my favorite photos taken that day: 







No comments:

Post a Comment