Friday, October 4, 2013

Job anxiety? Me too!

Hey guys! You are all going to laugh, but I am watching a patient all night in a room alone, so I have to keep myself awake. Blogging...I think so!

I wanted to talk about an aspect of health that soooo many of us experience: STRESS
Being in the medical field, it is very stressful. Being responsible for your own well being is hard enough, but to have to watch out for X amount of others...yea, stressful. And this is with any job; new job, old job, scary jobs, boring jobs, it doesn't matter. Not just work related either. Financially, relationally, etc. So, how do we cope with this nasty bug that bogs down not only our spirits, but our immune system too?

Tell ya the truth, Im still looking for that answer myself. I feel like the answers are simple, but so far away. However, relief is relief no matter how temporary. So, try the simple things first! Go for a walk on your break at work: just getting off the floor helps. Get some fresh air, take the dog for a brisk walk (and check out the GORGEOUS fall colors while you are at it), try something new is a good one. It occupies your mind and gets you even slightly excited. Have some friends over for a mini potluck dinner party. The possibilities are totally endless. For me, I find that just moving helps. I go for runs if its the right time of day. Working out feels so rewarding when you are done.

Its really important, also, to take care of yourself in other ways too. Not to sound preachy, but go get your nails done, go get a massage, take yourself shopping, ya know? You deserve it!!!

Anyway, Im going to get off of here, it was just a thought I had and thought hey, sometimes it needs to be addressed (mainly since I'm stressed out too and am having an intense night with my 1 on 1 patient). Enjoy the day/night, and may Goth be with you!


No comments:

Post a Comment